Metanix Gaming
Roleplay village - Trade Village - Printable Version

+- Metanix Gaming (http://metanix.net)
+-- Forum: Metanix Community Hub (http://metanix.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (http://metanix.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Roleplay village - Trade Village (/showthread.php?tid=1215)

Pages: 1 2

Roleplay village - Trade Village - Alafon - 09-04-2017

Hullo!

So as many of you know, Bushido and Jake had the idea popping up for a trading village and or a Roleplay village!
Roles were being brought up along the way such as :

- Guards -> protect the village (PvP orientated ppl)
- Farmer - hunter - scavenger -> Gather food and rescourses, hunt for animals and grow crops (For the more PvE orientated lads)
- Medic -> Must pass a basic roleplay test to provide proper medical Roleplay, very important.

The idea is to bring down tents to a village or town, and Occupy the town, the inspiration came from different servers who are already doing this, it creates Roleplay in the server, and PvP folks have the duty to protect the goods, creating player versus player.
The problem is, we will be raided we will be shot, items will be despawned, BUT we can push through and rebuild no matter what. The topic emerged today 04-09-2017 around 1PM GMT.

Everyone is welcome to add their ideas here or on Discord (Tag me on it) and I will attempt to update this topic with fresh suggestions-additions-decissions every day!

Much love, Chef!

1. Idea of a location and set up, provided by Jake, helper of Metanix
             https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/262676196033036288/354237693623795723/The_survivors.jpg

2. Idea by Phelpysan, member of Metanix             
                The location should have one or more wells, fuel pump(s), flat ground for farming. Bus spawns nearby prefered (easy to store loot when scavenging)

3. Idea of several locations, provided by Bushido, content creator of Metanix
              https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/262676196033036288/354247650343649280/Desktop_Screenshot_2017.09.04_-_07.52.36.91.png

4. A poll with possible locations has been added!

5. Poll has been closed 09-09-2017 22.00 GMT
http://prntscr.com/git32i

RE: Roleplay village - Trade Village - Phelpysan - 09-04-2017

I'd like it to be somewhere with a well and fuel pumps and some flat ground on which to farm. If it does get set up, I'd be a lot more motivated to do the bus route around the map, using the village as a base. As such somewhere with bus part spawns would be nice, especially a bus spawn itself. Naturally a bus would also make for a good scavenging vehicle so it could be used for that as well.

RE: Roleplay village - Trade Village - Tazhar - 09-04-2017

Massively behind this idea! Will try organise a meeting with the brains behind this to get some organisation sorted.

RE: Roleplay village - Trade Village - Bushido Zen - 09-04-2017

I would like to suggest Black lake or the Camp grounds just outside of Dolina as possibilities? 
also lets not forget WE all must be diligent in our efforts to keep this going - it will be Raided every day probably but that just means we should all try to devote more time to DayZ (hint hint...) 

We also will have to share the various tasks and responsibilities in keeping this going. Its going to take alot of collaboration and effort on all our parts. In the long run it will be worth it I believe.

RE: Roleplay village - Trade Village - Bushido Zen - 09-04-2017

We should start a poll to see who is willing to actively participate in this... also a poll on where it should be. I would like the decision on this to be a unanimous, so everyone will be more than willing to call the location there home.

RE: Roleplay village - Trade Village - Tazhar - 09-04-2017

* Jake wanted to change votes to prison island, edited accordingly

RE: Roleplay village - Trade Village - Phelpysan - 09-04-2017

Not sure how it'll relate to metagaming rules but this map website has a squad map feature that allows groups to show each other their position on the map, targets, notes, tents etc. Could be useful for showing where the base is if nothing else. A video detailing the features can be found here.

RE: Roleplay village - Trade Village - cranky old man - 09-04-2017

Best idea in months. I have my Improvised bow and improvised arrows ready and heading out hunting and gathering I have zero problems with swimming out to the Island and think we could make that work easy, but then Nagornoe is a great spot too and easy to protect, but Pavlove can be just as good as the other two??? HELP ME I CANT DECIDE!!!

RE: Roleplay village - Trade Village - Phelpysan - 09-05-2017

(09-04-2017, 10:40 PM)cranky old man Wrote: Best idea in months. I have my Improvised bow and improvised arrows ready and heading out hunting and gathering I have zero problems with swimming out to the Island and think we could make that work easy, but then Nagornoe is a great spot too and easy to protect, but Pavlove can be just as good as the other two??? HELP ME I CANT DECIDE!!!

You might not but I think most people won't want to swim back and forth from the island. Not sure how serious he was about it but Bushido said he was thinking of it being the hub of the map, logging in and out of the server at the location. I certainly won't be doing that if it means swimming to and from prison island every session. As for Nagornoe vs Pavlovo, they're pretty similar but Pavlovo is one top of a hill whereas Nagornoe is just on the side of a hill.

RE: Roleplay village - Trade Village - Bushido Zen - 09-05-2017

I really think we should utilize a prefab construction site that has solid walls one entry point and building and such for lookout spots. Just as a starting location and your probably wondering about security well all we need is a car tent to block the main gate and a few military tents to cover any crawl spaces. We also need a V3S Cargo very important! Not only will we need it in when we want to change locations but also will make a great way to pick up new people. I imagine Alexandria in The Walking Dead kind of life style. I cant wait!
Thanks too everyone for their support and enthusiasm for this idea and to @ Alafon for starting this post! GG